About Janie and Jack
Janie and Jack is a design house with every kid at its heart—because individual style starts early. Inspired by the places we go, the people we admire and all the unexpected stuff in between, our collections feature modern twists on classic fashion.
Inspiring. Approachable. Thoughtful. These are some of the ideas that guide our every day. And our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Are you ready to be a part of the Janie and Jack story?
About the role
As a Lead, you’re responsible for supporting our management team by performing functional tasks as assigned. You will act as a mentor and role model to Experts & Brand Associates to support service behaviors and the execution of tasks in specific areas of expertise. You will focus on leading process(es) and/or areas of the business, executing tasks and maintaining productivity to ensure goals are met. Through collaboration with your leadership team, you’ll teach and coach your team and drive behaviors to deliver a best-in-class experience to our customers.
What you'll do
- Consistently treat all customers and employees with respect and contribute to a positive work environment.
- Promote customer loyalty by educating customers about our loyalty programs.
- Serve as a role model to achieve priorities in store with the customer as the primary focus.
- Seek out and engage with customers to drive sales and service using suggestive selling.
- Enhance customer experience by using all omni channel offerings.
- Take action based upon direction from the Service Leader and collaborate effectively with employees.
- Support Service Leader duties during non-peak hours.
- Build and share expertise in an assigned specialized functional area.
- Support completion or work processes before or after the store closes as needed inclusive of opening and/or closing the store as needed.
- Be accountable to personal goals which contribute to overall store goals and results.
Who you are
A current or previous retail employee with 6 or more months of experience.
A good communicator with the ability to effectively interact with customers and your team to meet goals.
A customer-focused service provider both on and off the sales floor to help deliver an exceptional experience for our customers.
Able to demonstrate interest and initiative to develop skills and improve capabilities.
Passionate about retail and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Determined to effectively lead and inspire others to learn and grow through coaching and mentoring.
Agreeable to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holiday, evening, overnight and weekend shifts.
Able to utilize retail technology.
Able to maneuver around the sales floor, stockroom and office and can lift up to 30 pounds.
Ability to travel as required.
Benefits at Janie and Jack
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs