For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
The production artist is a key player on our energetic and fast-paced creative team at Athleta. The core purpose of this position is to develop and deliver creative assets for print and retail vehicles contributing to a best-in-class customer experience. The production artist is experienced in print production design, and has an acute attention to detail, with a drive for perfection. This role requires a high level of collaboration with design team partners. It requires being open to feedback and capacity to make multiple rounds of changes.
What you'll do
- Hands on print production for a variety of print and retail projects.
- Flow and format copy, and apply edits and corrections to production files.
- Place photography and design assets in to InDesign and Illustrator documents. Resize and adjust linked files as needed.
- Update numerous InDesign spreads with multiple rounds of revisions.
- Create proofing PDFs and route as needed.
- Act as a liason to the prepress team to ensure that all files are preflighted to specs.
- Work cross functionally with the marketing catalog team to revise and capture notes in the early rounds of catalog production.
Who you are
- Highly proficient in Indesign, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, with fluency in other Adobe CC applications
- Highly proficient in Mac OSX (connecting to servers, organizing files, and sharing documents)
- Understanding of typography and hierarchy skills, as well as photo retouching and color correction
- Has a sharp eye for design, an elevated aesthetic and maintains integrity and intention of designs
- Ability to juggle many projects at once while maintaining quality control, timelines and strong attention to detail; Must be open to feedback and comfortable with making multiple rounds of changes
- Establishes rapport and collaborates easily with designers, copywriters, proofreaders and other cross-functional team members – leveraging excellent verbal and written skills
- Resourceful, adaptable, creative and results-oriented with high energy, a positive attitude and a growth mindset
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs