About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
About the Role
Old Navy’s Marketing Effectiveness team is a global function that provides strategic and analytical support to ON Leadership focused on optimizing Marketing spend, inclusive of discounted promotions and rewards. Reporting to the Director of Marketing Effectiveness, the Manager will be responsible for analyzing current business trends, performing ROI analysis on marketing activity, and providing promotional event recaps to support Leadership business decisions around Customer Loyalty & Payments. Decision support extends to cross-functional partners in Marketing, Operations, and Cross-Brand Loyalty & Payments.
• Maximize profitable sales and minimize risks within Loyalty & Payments through recommendations to Leadership Team
• Manage marketing strategies by providing decision support for future marketing investments
• Act as financial lead in pre-season and in-season commercial planning
• Provide event analysis to cross-functional brand business partners (including L&P, Marketing, Inventory Management, Operations and Merchandising teams)
• Partner with Gap Inc. Global Loyalty & Payments Team to review and influence events to drive cardholder and multi-tender loyalty
• Partner with Company Planning to land forecasts that maximize sales and margin while clearly communicating risks and opportunities to Executive Leadership Teams
• Partner with Customer Data Analytics Team to analyze KPI results and drive customer growth and retention
• Conduct A/B testing to analyze the impact of marketing adjustments to be applied as fleet-wide strategies
Who you are
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize financial analysis and business objectives into clear business recommendations
• Proven ability to build strong cross functional partnerships and influence others
• Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments with tight deadlines
• Ability to mentor, guide and develop team members
• Strong understanding of retail math preferred
• Advanced competency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and the ability to learn new applications quickly. Microstrategy experience a plus
• Bachelors Degree in Business, Accounting or Related Degree
• Must have a minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience. Prefer experience in retail analysis with a strategic mindsight
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs