About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Associate Manager, Product Development will be accountable for supporting the Product Development team in building product, in partnership with Design, R&D, Tech Design, Merchandising & GIS, that achieves aesthetic, quality and cost requirements against brand standards.
What you'll do
- Maintain an understanding of our brand aesthetic and collaborate with Design to support the development of the product line.
- Share concerns/partner with Production Management team on potential issues and inputs to sourcing strategies.
- Coordinate preliminary costing and product options to solve for cost issues in alignment with cross functional partners & rolling up costing to meet AUC targets.
- Lead weekly production meeting to review open issues, costing and forward-facing strategies.
- Manage department liability log and review with Design and Merchants to ensure timely consumption.
- Partner with R&D for yarn development and mill negotiations.
- Review test reports for failures and evaluate action plan for improvement or sign off.
- Coordinate creation, tracking & maintenance of sample requests & BOMs through Product Adoption.
- Track and recommend cost effective options to land on product requirements.
- Ensure timeliness of approvals and product changes to meet deliveries through the development process.
- Attend critical fittings to see execution of product and track changes that affect cost and production leadtime.
- Ensure necessary system maintenance throughout development process.
Who you are
- 3 years of Production and Product Development experience in Retail industry
- 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Garment production knowledge -- production cycle timeline, garment construction and garment costing
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, web-based applications
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form
- Must be detail-oriented and organized with the ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Have a sense of urgency in managing time and accomplishing tasks with strong follow through
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs