About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
It is the Associate Manager of Brand Management’s role to efficiently support the Franchise Division across GAP Inc. brands franchised in over 50 international markets. The position will entail development of marketing tools and strategies used to educate brand teams on market specifics and the franchise organizations needs from the brand. The Associate Manager of Brand Management will support the Senior Manager of Brand Management in developing seasonal marketing strategies, maintaining brand relationships, and partnering with various cross-functional teams across the company including Marketing, Creative, Production, Social Media and Digital. In addition, this role will be responsible for developing the communication tools and articulating the brand messages across the internal Franchise Organization and Partners.
What you'll do
- Support Senior Manager of Brand Management in fostering the relationships between brand marketing and franchise teams, navigating internal networks within each brand, establishing franchise positioning within global pipelines, and securing usage for brand assets.
- Act as a brand expert for all key stakeholders inside the global & franchise organizations for strategic information, brand direction consistent with global franchise plans, and best retail practices.
- Develop and deploy seasonal brand marketing strategies and hindsights that are relevant for our franchise partners that drive growth and profitably; in partnership with regional marketing managers, PR, Social & creative leads; provide digital tools and guidelines & creative assets to support activation.
- Support the integrated marketing strategy for all new country launches, ensuring consistent execution of brand voice, campaigns, brand values positioning and Athleta community strategy.
- Drive Athleta Community strategy and ensure brand-right execution across international franchisees.
- In partnerships with marketing and VM counterparts support the development of global creative projects & identifying international needs.
- Deliver franchise marketing materials to support at key business functions such as brand presentations, business development decks, operating manuals, evergreen toolkits, promotional mechanic ideas, regional campaigns and cross-functional retail plans.
Who you are
- 3 -5 years of brand marketing experience
- A marketing generalist with proven success managing consumer facing brands
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Strong balance of creative and analytical thinking and approach
- Independently motivated and highly proactive
- Ability to communicate effectively virtually across time zones, and adapt style to other cultures
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs