About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
This individual has responsibility for Gap Inc. parcel operations in the U.S. and Canadian markets. Supports and manages cost, service, and process improvement initiatives to support needs of Gap Inc.’s supply chain. Areas of focus will include various aspects of Gap Inc.’s Global Supply Chain including: Outbound (Consumer Direct, General) and Brand Strategies. Develop a strong internal and external network of third party parcel carriers. Additional scope: Assists with Global Parcel Operations DC-based activities and general reporting as necessary, as well as strategic mode selection analysis and supporting transportation programs. Identifies and implements best practices, and must be able to support other transportation initiatives as necessary.
What you'll do
- Responsibility for supporting the day-to-day activities of local Gap Inc and Carrier Operations team
- Drive change and develop strong relationships with internal business partners and external suppliers
- Ensures timely and effective communication with suppliers, internal business partners, and carriers utilizing the appropriate channels
- Enforces Gap Inc and parcel shipping policies and procedures as necessary to drive initiatives in partnership with parcel operations team
- Builds strong knowledge of various parcel service levels and has fundamental understanding of parcel pricing
- Conducts shipment-level spend and transit analysis to identify cost effectiveness as necessary
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2 - 4 Years Transportation and Logistics Experience
- 1 - 3 Years Parcel Shipping Experience (Retail Industry preferred)
- Ability to carry out responsibilities in stressful work environment punctuated by heavy shipping volume and/or workload with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are required, with a high level of urgency
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Access, Excel and Powerpoint
- Geographic Location Requirements – Groveport, OH (up to 25% travel as required)
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs