About Janie and Jack
Janie and Jack is a design house with every kid at its heart—because individual style starts early. Inspired by the places we go, the people we admire and all the unexpected stuff in between, our collections feature modern twists on classic fashion.
Inspiring. Approachable. Thoughtful. These are some of the ideas that guide our every day. And our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Are you ready to be a part of the Janie and Jack story?
About the role
As an Assistant Manager, you set the tone for the store and the team and help bring our brand to life for our customers. You’re responsible for driving profitable sales growth through all aspects of the store including; customer and product operations, merchandising, and talent development. You are responsible for supporting the execution of the store strategy to achieve performance goals. Through collaboration with your General Manager and/or Assistant General Manager, you will teach and coach behaviors to Leads, Experts and Brand Associates to cultivate a high performing team to deliver a best-in-class experience to our customers.
Support strategies and processes to drive store sales and deliver results through a customer centric mindset.
What you'll do
- Recruit, hire and develop highly productive Brand Associate and Expert teams.
- Own assigned area of responsibility.
- Implement action plans to maximize efficiencies and productivity.
- Perform Service Leader duties.
- Ensure consistent execution of standard operating procedures.
- Represent the brand and understand the competition and retail landscape.
- Promote community involvement.
- Leverage omni-channel to deliver a frictionless customer experience.
- Ensure all compliance standards are met.
Who you are
A current or former retail employee with 1-3 years of retail management experience.
A high school graduate or equivalent.
A good communicator with the ability to effectively interact with customers and your team to meet goals.
Passionate about retail and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Driven by metrics to deliver results to meet business goals.
Determined to effectively lead and inspire others to learn and grow through coaching and mentoring.
Agreeable to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holiday, evening, overnight and weekend shifts.
Able to utilize retail technology.
Able to maneuver around the sales floor, stockroom and office and lift up to 30 pounds.
Ability to travel as required.
Benefits at Janie and Jack
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs