About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Analyst that is seeking growth opportunities in applying their strategic and financial modeling skills to solving complex cloud financial optimization challenges. If you are strategic, analytical, detail-oriented, can pick up new concepts quickly and can deliver analytical results independently then this is the ideal role. This role requires someone who is strategic thinking with strong learning agility for the technical aspects of cloud technology and can handle large data sets for in-depth financial modeling in an effective manner to gather accurate information for monthly forecasting and close. The role also engages with business partners that have varying degrees of financial and technical expertise so requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
What you'll do
- Work collaboratively with Strategy, Cloud Governance, Finance, Engineering, Architecture, Technical Program Management and Cloud Provider business partners to ensure cloud financial forecast accuracy and optimization road map goals are achieved.
- Be the main point of contact for GapTech cloud financials and maintain current knowledge of relevant cloud optimization, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for creating cost optimization models with engineering teams that are utilizing cloud services.
- Point of contact for consolidating inputs for teams involved in usage and demand projections which includes taking initiative to request and review updated forecasts for areas of inaccurate spend, and variance explanations to leadership.
- Identify problems and irregularities in consumption and quickly resolve them to minimize financial impact. Provide insights on ways Gap Inc. can reduce expenditure and improve P&L impact.
- Identify opportunities for additional cost optimization and automation of cloud governance processes and financial management
- Lead financials for Cloud Portfolio initiatives which includes budget adherence, forecast accuracy, monthly close transaction review, and variance explanation.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Experience working with SaaS, PaaS, and Iaas B2B financials and agreements.
- 4-6 years of related business experience in Finance, Accounting or related field, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility
- Desired experience with public cloud provider (AWS, Azure, Oracle Cloud, etc.) financials and consumption metrics.
- Proven ability to develop effective business partner relationships
- Detail-oriented with ability to manage multiple priorities
- Self-motivated knowledge seeker and demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to changing business needs
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with PowerBi, Microsoft Office Suite, Oracle Financials/OBIEE and Clarity a plus
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs