About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, Janie & Jack, and INTERMIX— have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to create a product that makes people feel good inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrives on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, grow with us.
At Gap Inc., we are passionate about creating and delivering quality software by utilizing Agile and DevOps best practices. We are creating solutions using Automation, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration & Delivery, Pair Programming, and story-based iterative development. In this role, you will collaborate cross-functionally with Product Management and Design to build new capabilities for our Martech technology stack, backed by state-art-of-the-art capabilities around personalized content management, segmentation, and multi-channel customer communication.
We are looking for individuals with extensive experience providing at-scale solutions that incorporate modern design concepts geared towards building elastic, fault-tolerant services. They will have a passion for technology and work with dynamic teams to deliver solutions that will power Gap’s ability to showcase our products to millions of customers worldwide, making it fast, intuitive, and rewarding to shop online!
The ideal candidate will have experience using established engineering and design principles that drive and maintain agility in the codebase and deliver sustainable solutions.
Join us and flex your imagination with designing and developing industry-leading commerce features that are reliable, scalable, and create a great customer experience!
What you'll do
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders, architects, & product team members to implement and operationalize key business capabilities with quality.
- Display strategic thinking in architecting solutions that supports our marketing use cases by translating business vision into a flexible technical architecture integrating multiple internal and external products and services
- Lead a team of skilled engineers to design solutions that optimally utilize our on-prem tech stack and SaaS solutions to deliver sustainable solutions with an eye towards simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance and re-use.
- Gain an understanding of dependencies with external and internal teams and collaborate on cross-functional initiatives.
- Identify standards-based solutions that are appropriate to our environment and drive adoption via mentoring and guiding others who are still developing their skills.
- Communicate proactively with internal and external partners, present technical details and contribute to prioritization and trade-off discussions.
- Embrace and implement best-in-class DevOps practices with end-to-end “design, build and run” responsibilities with the aim of operating a low-touch production environment.
- Engage actively in continuously improving practices and methodology.
Who you are
- 8+ years software development experience with high volume e-commerce or online retail services, at least 3+ years in a Technical Leadership position
- Extensive experience with and a real passion for Agile
- Experience with API management technologies (like Apigee or Mulesoft) and Identity and Access Management technologies (like SSO, Ping Federate, OAuth and OpenID Connect)
- Experience with running workloads on Public Clouds such as Azure, AWS or GCP, and experience with container-based technologies like Docker and Cloud Foundry
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment in a DevOps oriented product development environment and familiarity with modern MML technologies like Splunk, New Relic and Pager Duty
- Well versed with system and technical design principles, performant coding practices ensuring security requirements are not compromised for functionality and/or performance.
- Experience with laying out a go-live plan at the conceptual stage, analyzing the pros and cons between multiple rollout options.
- Knowledge of current digital marketing trends and best practices on topics such as personalization, omnichannel marketing, mobile, data-driven optimization of experiences is major plus.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.