About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The HR Director, Old Navy, Headquarters will be supporting the brand Merchandising, Finance, Strategy and International teams. They are responsible for providing strategic HR partnership that results in an engaged workforce and a more productive business and will be a key business partner to executive leaders on Merchandising, Finance, Strategy and International teams. This role is responsible for and contributes to developing organizational and people strategies, overseeing all day-to-day HR activities for the clients, providing thought leadership to these organizations and associated Leadership Teams, developing and executing talent management and change management strategies and partnering with key Gap Inc. HR solution centers (Talent Management, Employee Relations, Recruiting, Equality and Belonging, Total Rewards, etc.) to deliver results against the Old Navy people strategies. The Director of Human Resources, Old Navy, HQ reports into the Vice President, Human Resources, Old Navy, HQ.
What you'll do
- Provide strategic thought partnership to Merchandising, Finance, Strategy and International executives on people and organizational issues, and implement talent practices that are aligned with Old Navy business objectives.
- Provide leadership on all aspects of organizational effectiveness, including performance management, on-boarding, coaching, employee relations, talent assessment, equality and belonging, employee culture and engagement, etc.
- Champions and personally demonstrates Old Navy culture, values and ethics.
- Identify and implement strategies which improve employee engagement year over year, as measured through the continuous listening process; Analyze HR metrics to identify business opportunities working with leadership to develop and implement solutions.
- Drive talent management and succession planning activities within the business. Pro-actively partner with the business and HR partners in Talent Acquisition and Talent Management to develop strategies to strengthen or fill gaps, as needed, to ensure a ready now talent pipeline; Identify and deploy appropriate retention strategies to promote organizational stability.
- Lead and develop a team to support effective execution of all objectives, and enable professional development and career growth for team members.
Who you are
- Minimum 7-10 years broad Human Resources generalist experience; four-year college degree
- High level of comfort with most HR disciplines (employee relations, compensation, benefits, OD, talent management, talent acquisition)
- High level of personal and professional integrity and ethics (authentic, compassionate, genuine and honest); good communicator; good listening skills and problem solver
- Strong business orientation, drive for results, and desire to win; Comfortable driving change and embracing innovation in face of ambiguity and complexity
- Maintains a global perspective and is culturally sensitive and aware (adjusts personal style to different cultures and styles of work); Welcomes a diversity of ideas, approaches and points of view
- Ability to influence up, down and across the organization, a team oriented leader and player; Ability to work in a matrixed organization with remote teams and partners
- Proven experience in managing others including ability to coach, develop, provide direction, recruitetain top talent, understand resource capability and successfully drive results working with direct reports and other internal resources
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs