About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
As a member of our User Experience Team @Gap you’ll experience and drive scale, impact and innovation. As one of the largest multi-branded global retailers, we’re amongst the handful of competitors who can – and must – be at the forefront of great digital experiences to thrive. We have a proprietary digital engine, integrated with a set of industry-leading third parties, that helps drive a strong customer experience and is core to our customer strategy.
Gap, Inc. is looking for a User Experience Design Operations Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for working organizing and supporting the cross-brand User Experience team at Gap, Inc. as they create high-quality consumer and associate facing products and experiences at scale. You will work with cross-functional partners to improve the user experience across Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, and Athleta.
Experience Design Operations will play an integral part in the Gap UX Team as we continue to move into a more data-driven consumer first strategy Gap, Inc, with this Operations Manager being an essential part of our UX team. This function will enable us to track and measure multiple projects to ensure success.
The ideal candidate knows how to bring the best of design, content, and strategy together across multiple teams and work streams while demonstrating & promoting our design platform capabilities. You will own specific touchpoints and process flows and help facilitate communication between UX team members, Brand leadership and project stakeholders.
What you'll do
- Direct the day-to-day operations of the design workstreams while working cross-functionally with project management partners to ensure timely milestones are met.
- Maintain a resource planning and allocation calendar.
- Oversee and manage design deliverables.
- Help schedule and facilitate meetings to maximize the designer’s time and effectiveness.
- Define the design metrics we will use to measure success.
- Assist in design hiring to help grow the team with top talent.
- Create & maintain governance to evolve the current design system and product design language (foundational UI components and design patterns, iconography, assets, CMS components, and more).
- Support & partner with UX research teams and knowledge share across teams.
- Advocate for user-centered design always and drive the design process lifecycle.
- Partner with Design Leadership to oversee design efforts for longer-term projects and help manage how work is assigned to team members.
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, business, and other stakeholders across the organization and brands to continue to elevate the importance of UX in the company.
Who you are
- 5+ years agency, in-house or start-up, or experience in project management.
- Bachelor's degree in design, business, technology, project management or a related field.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Excellent collaboration and relationship management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally.
- An advocate of a Design Thinking framework and a user-centered approach.
- Experience working in an agile and ambiguous environment.
- Proven experience as an effective partner and collaborate with product management, engineering, and business stakeholders.
- Passion for innovation and technology with a solid understanding of current trends, digital tools, communications, infrastructure, art, and other design influences.
- You are looking to grow your career in a supportive organization and champion the user experience in everything you do.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs