About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are looking for a highly seasoned and experienced technologist to own and drive transformation for our hybrid cloud-based environment. This includes owning our modernization and standardization of our cloud engineering tools and services that enable all of our product engineering teams. This role is a critical member of GapTech DevOps Leadership team, reporting to the Vice President - TechOps. In this capacity, you will be leading in defining, delivering, operating, and evolving our cloud engineering infrastructure. We operate three primary development centers in the Bay Area, Ohio, and Hyderabad. You will directly influence and implement improvements to the Gap’s cloud strategy and accountability to ensure high availability to Gap’s business.
We are seeking a transformative leader of Cloud Engineering with a deep technical hybrid cloud experience. This leader will drive a successful DevOps model and will lead and be instrumental in driving our journey of adoption that will shift workloads from co-located data centers to a public cloud model as well as cloud initiatives across the enterprise.
What team(s) does this role lead? Cloud Engineering, Cloud Strategy & Services, Site Reliability Engineering, Compute & Storage and Database.
On what leadership team(s) does this role participate (own team, cross-functional): GapTech Leadership Team.
What kind of complexity does this role face? This role will need to strike the balance of operational excellence, growth, and experimentation by enforcing operational rigor while safely enabling innovation. Requires high partnership across other tech ops areas (service mgmt; network; end-user eng; automation framework); architecture, security, and development engineering.
What you'll do
- Provide executive leadership to support, grow, and empower the teams responsible for supporting On-premise compute servers, cloud strategy, public cloud IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, data engineering, and batch operations; site reliability engineering for e-commerce, stores, and distribution centers.
- Lead collaboration with the Product, Engineering, and Security teams to design and build world-class infrastructure that enables 24x7 high performance/ availability that focuses on reliability and scalability of our cloud platform.
- Lead the Cloud Team and collaborate with business units to coordinate efforts and activities to execute on the company’s Cloud strategy.
- Oversee the planning and delivery of cloud transformation initiatives; develop goals aligned with customer needs, delivery speed, cost and service objectives.
- Lead and drive Cloud Engineering planning to support the high performance of our omnichannel experience.
- Manage the Cloud operating budget effectively to help us get faster, cheaper, and better in our operational footprint.
Who you are
- Senior leadership experience within an enterprise environment; track record of successfully delivering within a critical DevOps transformation model and accomplished history of creating and leading large high -performing teams with multiple functions within significant sized organizations with P&L responsibility
- Successful record of building and scaling all aspects of highly-available global cloud operations including deep knowledge of hybrid cloud engineering, infrastructure, global availability, and site reliability practices. Proven ability to drive operational efficiency, service delivery, and customer focus across multiple platforms and toolsets
- Expert experience overseeing cloud infrastructure operations via GCP, AWS, Microsoft Azure or similar. Possess deep technical experience with multi-hybrid public cloud services, migration, and cost optimization
- Experience with Azure IaaS and PaaS services included but not limited to: VMs, Azure DevOps, Azure Load Balancer, Azure Firewall, Azure storage services, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Active Directory, or equivalent services
- Experience with container tools and orchestration – pivotal cloud foundry (PCF), Kubernetes, docker, YAML
- Experience with API management platforms such as Apigee or equivalent
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery and collaboration tools such as: GitHub, Jenkins, CodeFresh, Chef, Jira, Confluence, ServiceNow, and PagerDuty
- 10+ years of technology leadership experience; 15+ years of relevant technical experience working in large scale production operations; Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs