About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Job Work in a team of Full-stack software engineers focused on developing Gap Inc.’s Supply chain microservices that form the engine for In-season and Pre-season planning products. Collaborate with product management, technical management, and architecture in the design of software products. Write well-written, self-documenting code that follows best practices and design patterns. Design, implement and launch highly visible features for our Global Supply Chain platform using Test/Behavior Driven Development practices. Partner with like-minded engineers in empowered and self-organized product teams. Lead, follow, and teach others during the development of software. Practice relentless automation, continuous integration, and continuous delivery. Develop, test, deploy, and support software that supports business needs. Be available to support and resolve production issues/outages.
Who you are
Education: Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in computer Science/Electronics or related field followed by 6 years of progressive, professional experience in job offered or related occupation.
Experience and/or education must include:
- REST APIs development using Java, Spring, Spring boot, and any of the cloud technologies such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Azure, AWS.
- Oracle, HBASE, SQL Server or NoSQL such as Cassandra, MongoDB, data access patterns and familiarity with ORM technologies.
- Designing and developing highly scalable and available applications.
- Real-time networking, mobile network issues, concurrency and threading.
- High volume scalable, software for internet-based consumer or enterprise companies processing millions of transactions.
- Test automation tools, such as Junit, Cucumber, Selenium and mocking objects.
- Continuous integration tools, like Jenkins
- Experience building Supply chain products in Retail space
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs