About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
This role in the Global Transportation Operation Center, based in Erlanger, KY, will execute the inbound and outbound logistics tracking of domestic and international shipments. The transportation Specialist is responsible to ensure the successful movement and processing of Gap Inc. inbound and outbound products from origin (domestic I.T.O.s) to our DC destinations and to final third part providers across the US. This position interacts with individuals both independently and in conjunction with other internal and external stakeholders. Performs key functions that directly impact our DCs and Stores to have the right product at the right time to sell to the end customer. The work performed by this GTOC Specialist role ensures the successful movement and processing of Gap Inc. product through US to our DCs and third-party providers; in support of both our Retail and Ecommerce business.
What you'll do
- Responsible for the track & trace of Inbound and outbound ground freight shipments from multiple domestic origins to multiple domestic locations and Gap Inc. distribution centers across the US
- Acts as critical business liaison on behalf of GTOC with all Operations teams and OB Third Party Providers, including but not limited to internal Transportation Teams: Ops, Planning, Brand Ops, Systems & Reporting, as well externally – Domestic Truckload and Rail Carriers, and ITO locations
- Share with Operations leader the accountability for On-Time performance to meet or exceed capacity and service requirements
- Participate in multiple cross functional teams to drive end to end track and trace execution to impact service performance and utilize system capabilities and available data to ensure effectiveness
- Assist with key projects- providing support and analysis and communicate opportunities to maintain or improve service
- Align daily decision-making and individual perdormance goals with business strategy and operating plan
Who you are
- Basic knowledge in the following areas- Shipping, Transportation and Logistics
- Strong phone presence, ability to problem solve & communicate clearly via phone. Escalate issues as needed.
- Basic computer skills and abilty to learn new systems.
- Able to work non-traditional hours (shifts,weekends, & holidays) and adjust hours on short notice to flex with the needs of the business.
- Ability to work under pressure with high sense of urgency and manage multiple priorities, maintain confidentiality and strong attention to detail/follow-up
- Experience: 2years in Transportation, Logistics or Carrier Management (preferred)
- Education: degree preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs