About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Sr. Analyst of Corporate FP&A plays an integral role on the Gap Inc. Corporate Finance team. You will be responsible for consolidation and reporting for the monthly forecast process. In this role, you will coordinate with representatives from all of our brands and corporate support teams to ensure forecast accuracy and completeness. Other responsibilities include preparation of the monthly Board of Directors financial update, managing the corporate bonus forecast, maintaining brand performance dashboards and various ad-hoc projects.
What you'll do
- Prepare monthly financial reports to Gap Inc. management and ensuring reports are accurate and distributed in a timely manner.
- Assist in preparation of presentations that provide insightful analysis, identify required action items, and effectively frame decisions to be made.
- Deliver accurate financial results, and identify and research variances to forecast, budget and prior year expenses, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis and scenario modeling in support of VP of Finance and CFO; Provide financial and decision-support analytics to executive leadership to support key business decisions.
- Evaluate current processes and tools to drive efficiencies and value added enhancements.
- Prepare presentations, supporting exhibits and analytics for executive leadership teams and the Board of Directors.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization.
Who you are
- This person must be able to function in a fast-paced environment with evolving business needs
- Strong financial background; exceptional analytical and modeling skills; working knowledge of financial statements
- Proven ability to interpret and synthesize data and clearly communicate complex ideas
- Strong organizational, project and time management skills; Results oriented with keen attention to detail; Ability to work independently
- Hyperion Essbase (or similar database systems) experience is a plus
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics, Math or related field; MBA or CPA is a plus
- 3-4+ years of working experience
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs