About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
This is a cross functional role that will work with Fixed Assets and Project Accounting as well as other departments in the organization (i.e. Store Development, Real Estate Finance, GapTech, OS, Lease Accounting, Tax and Accounts Payable). This role will be responsible for key Capital Accounting activities including but not limited to: Project Approvals, Close Activities, Reconciliations, Retirements, Non-Store Impairment Testing, Process Improvements, and Reporting. This role will be cross-trained within the team and help support other senior level roles in the operational and accounting functions as needed. This role will require the ability to deliver results in ambiguous situations.
What you'll do
- Perform key Capital Accounting activities including but not limited to: Capital Project Approvals, Asset Retirement, Non-Store Impairment Testing, Audit Requests, and Ad-hoc Reporting as necessary
- Perform month-end close responsibilities and ensure processes follow Gap Inc. accounting policies and GAAP
- Responsible for the review and approval of accruals, allocations, and other accounting related activities as required
- Prepare timely and accurate reconciliations between the subledger and general ledger, including the resolution of variances
- Responsible for the monthly closing of the Oracle Project Cost and Fixed Asset modules
- Responsible for driving resolution to open system tickets as related to Capital Accounting
- Assist in implementing process improvements and lead/participate in special projects as needed
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent business experience
- Detail oriented with ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently
- Ability to adapt to an ambiguous, fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships through all levels of the organization
- Experience preparingeviewing reconciliations
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Excel and Access skills with financial system experience, expect to use Pivot Tables, SUMIF, VLOOKUP, and other formulas and functions daily
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs