About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
This position will support the global treasury team and report to the Senior Director. We are seeking a Director with a strong understanding of and interest in financial markets. This individual will focus on Gap Inc.’s capital structure strategy with an emphasis on shareholder return strategy and liability management. Responsibilities will also include, but are not limited to, domestic cash management and banking operations as well as a heavy emphasis on financial modeling. This role has a unique and broad view into the company’s global operations, providing extensive hands on experience and the expectation for immediate impact. An ideal candidate will have a breadth of corporate treasury experience including cash management, cash forecasting, liquidity management, investment management, capital markets, and a strong aptitude for process improvement, building automation and designing treasury systems solutions. The ability to work cross-functionally and the desire for increased treasury exposure are also critical.
What you'll do
- Assists in developing recommendations for senior management and the Board around shareholder distributions (dividends and share repurchase), liquidity and leverage
- Research, model, and make recommendations for capital markets transactions including, but not limited to, liability management. Support administration, reporting and covenant analysis related to Gap Inc.’s secured revolving credit facility (ABL).
- Leads execution of Gap Inc.’s share repurchase program and dividend policy
- Supports with rating agency presentations and discussions
- Supports treasury technology initiatives and online banking activities; responsible for monitoring company-wide cash levels daily
- Leads monthly, quarterly and annual direct cash flow modeling/forecasting; strives for improved accuracy and continuing process refinements
- Strong interest and aptitude around tracking and understanding developments in economics and financial markets
Who you are
- Minimum of 12+ years work experience in finance or treasury with a medium to large corporation or a commercial and/or investment banking firm
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting required. MBA or CFA a plus
- Understanding of and interest in financial markets; solid grasp of accounting concepts
- Highly motivated. Possesses great communication skills with the ability to interact across teams and all levels of management as well as time management skills and is comfortable in situations where work is fast paced
- Proactive problem-solving skills including the ability to define possible solutions, foresee issues and provide proactive solutions to closure
- Sets goals and objectives for areas of responsibility and determines priorities and available resources
- Very strong in Excel, solid with PowerPoint and Word
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs