About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Senior Manager of Omni Supply Chain Operations & Strategy will play a crucial role in accelerating the growth of Gap Inc. brands’ Omni businesses. You will drive development of supply chain processes, tools, and capabilities to enhance the Omni experience for our customers. This role will also lead supply chain holiday readiness inititaves for Gap Inc. by partnering with DC operations, transportation, supply chain, and brand leadership to deliver on Gap Inc.’s commercial targets. This role is a hybrid of traditional jobs in strategy and business operations, requiring a mix of analysis, strategy development, cross-functional leadership and project management.
What you'll do
- Serve as a “connective tissue” driving alignment and communication among supply chain functions (DC operations, transportation, analytics, contact center, product, tech) that serve ecommerce and retail fulfillment
- Identify process gaps and develop new operational processes, tools, strategies and capabilities to drive business priorities and a better supply chain experience for our brand partners and customers
- Model and assess inbound, fulfillment/outbound, and storage risk heading into each season in order to influence brand decisions prior to order placement
- Lead critical holiday readiness initiatives to ensure successful Omni fulfillment during Gap Inc’s busiest and most critical season, which includes: 1.) Modeling network health as it relates to forecasted cross-brand demand and cross-facility capacity, 2.) Driving analytics and alignment for key holiday decisions, including storage capacity, shipping speed, shipping cut-offs, shipping costs, and presenting recommendations as a set of options and trade-offs. 3.) Partnering with digital teams and marketing to implement holiday fulfillment initiatives
- Be ready to independently drive ad hoc ‘80/20’ analysis, as well as more rigorous and extensive business modelling (backlog modelling, financial modelling) as needed
- Maintain ongoing understanding of Omni operations (i.e., DC fulfillment/allocations, BOPIS, Ship-from-store), partnering with brand and supply chain partners to assess impact of each operations on strategic initiatives
- Regularly support and/or drive special projects related to supply chain operations for Gap Inc’s brands globally, typically working cross-functionally. Examples could include paperless invoicing, new delivery option launch, assessment and implementation of third party solutions, fungible inventory, DC migrations
- Leads the post-season operational hindsight process and contributes to brand seasonal hindsight's and leads continuous improvement efforts within the Logistics network for Omni tools and capabilities
Who you are
- Experience/Education: 6-8 years of total experience, including +2/3 years in management consulting
- Experience in operations, ecommerce fulfillment, retail network, inventory management planning a plus
- Fluency in Excel and PPT; adept at analyzing data and developing executive-facing presentations
- Comfort with ambiguity and a dynamic business landscape. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated ability of managing operational details and execution, while also understanding big picture
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships and influence cross-functional leaders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with retail technology systems (IMS, WMS, etc.) and/or aptitude to learn
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs