For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
Athleta’s Manager of Marketing Effectiveness will own the tops-down marketing-driven sales forecast. You are responsible for partnering with our marketing teams and optimizing our marketing investments and discounting strategy against various financial, customer, and brand awareness goals. You will be establishing a new way evaluating our marketing spend and build the process, KPI benchmarking, and forecasting capabilities that will take Athleta’s growth to the next level. You will have a primary role in building out our commercial plan strategy with both growth and profitability in mind.
What you'll do
- Forecast the tops-down marketing-driven sales through our budget, preseason planning, and inseason processes
- Establish and lead a monthly Marketing Open-to-Buy Forecast meeting to regularly hindsight performance, look forward to risk and opportunities, and shift investments in discounting and spend
- Own the critical financial components of our Commercial Planning strategy: discounting/yield management and marketing spend and funnel optimization. Forecast and hindsight incremental marketing driven sales, margin, and earnings of our commercial plan. Collaborate with cross-functional teams across CRM, Brand Marketing, Digital Marketing, Advanced Analytics, Finance, Store Operations, Ecommerce, Inventory Management, and Merchandising to ensure our commercial plan supports our brand and financial goals
- Act as liaison to the central Gap Inc. Customer, Data, and Analytics teams as well as third party marketing analytics teams. Develop and socialize the learnings into actionable recommendations in strategy and process shifts
- Create standardized forecasts and reporting for events and promotions detailing sales, margin, customer, and brand impact
Who you are
- You are a strategic, driven, data-savvy financial marketing partner who thrives in ambiguity and builds vision and clear action plans through a cross-functional team.
- You are insightful; you make sense of a vast range of information from multiple sources to conceptualize, drive creativity, and problem solve. You transform past views, set new directions, and build on the ideas of others to push the business forward.
- You have a curiosity that challenges the status quo. You take calculated risks, learn quickly, and implement, and are able to manage multiple work streams/projects and ad hoc requests with tight timelines.
- You are excellent at developing processes involving multiple cross-functional partners and a team player with a positive attitude and proven ability to develop effective and influential business relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Very strong command of Microsoft Excel. Essbase, Omniture/Adobe Analytics, Power BI, NOVA and Venus a plus.
- 5+ years financial sales, marketing, or customer forecasting experience.
- 3+ years marketing experience, both online and offline media highly preferred.
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs