Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
You’ll Design, develop, and orchestrate innovative learning solutions for GapTech employees using adult learning theory and instructional design principles. You’ll promote GapTech theoretical and technical skills as well as Gap Inc business acumen and leadership for the global GapTech organization. On a daily basis, you’ll partner internally with the GapTech leadership team & subject matter experts (SMEs) and externally with Gap Inc suppliers (Microsoft, Oracle, etc) and training providers. The Sr Manager will own the GapTech learning calendar, prioritizing and balancing competing learning priorities and work with Communications and L&D Project Managers to execute logistics for trainings.
What you'll do
- Strategy: Make recommendations for learning priorities & cadence, managing competing priorities
- Project Management: organized method to bring learning experiences to fruition, including skills to orchestrate large global events
- Change Management: Provide consulting expertise on change management projects and presentations to spur action using adult learning theory and project management
- Content Creation: Co-create content to promote functional and technical skills as well as Gap Inc business acumen and leadership for the global organization
- Demonstrate Learning Outcomes: analyze, recap, and present out data to show program impact and effectiveness and accountable and responsible for GapTech Learning & Development budget
Who you are
- Experience in Learning & Development, Technology or Change Management preferred, but not required
- Experience in Gap Inc business or technology valued but not required (ie knowledge of Gap Inc business, tech landscape, Cloud/Agile/Dev Ops Model), but an interest to learn required
- Systems Used: MS Office Suite (ex. Sharepoint, Forms), Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, Workday, Mail Chimp, Microsoft Live, Zoom (knowledge of any or all helpful, but a willingness to learn required)
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs