About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
As a Senior Accountant on the Corporate Accounting team, your responsibilities will include preparing month-end journal entries, preparing budgets and forecasts for bonus and share-based compensation, and partnering across multiple teams to analyze and reconcile accounts. You may also be required to support other functions in support of the overall success of the team. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail.
What you'll do
- Prepare month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, supporting schedules
- Partner with external/SEC reporting to ensure accurate footnotes and disclosures relating to share-based compensation and bonus
- Ensure compliance with internal controls (SOX) and proper documentation of processes
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with a wide variety of business partners and policy owners across corporate, global, and brand functions
- Support existing accounting procedures and internal controls and seek opportunities to improve accounting operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Collaborate with business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and provide support on department-wide intiatives
- Support external audit requests as required including providing quarterly reporting
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 2+ years of experience in corporate accounting/finance
- Ability to earn the trust and build confidence with business partners
- Positive attitude and dependable team player
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization and communication skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with Oracle and Essbase a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs