For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
The Material Coordinator will act as the liaison between the R+D team and the Mill partners to manage Physical Material library, Digital Material library, and Inspiration library. The ideal candidate is passionate about fabric and performance textiles and considers themselves an ‘Organizational Specialist’.
What you'll do
- This includes but not limited to:
- Ordering seasonal hangers + labeling with pertinent information
- Updating core binders on a seasonal basis
- Getting newest fabric collections from mills
- Cutting swatches and distributing to cross-functional partners as needed
- Making physical boards for both fabric and trims
- Maintaining digital fabric library on a seasonal basis
- Work with GIS partners as needed
- Manage requesting Trend Decks from Mill partners and helping team to consolidate the top trends into 1 seasonal presentation
- Manage fabric glossary and platform architecture tools are accurate and up to date
- Track adopted fabrics vs. sampled on a seasonal basis
- Maintain PLM system with relevant fabric info
- Maintain Mill capabilities list on an annual basis
- Facilitate mill appointment scheduling
Who you are
- College degree in apparel/textiles, manufacturing, or related experience
- Strong attention to detail, active follow-through, assertiveness, self-motivation, and ability to work in a team environment
- Display curiosity & knowledge of new innovation, trends, & construction finishes/dying, mill innovation, fabric developments, fiber technology
- Ability to build strong relationships & maintain alignment with internal & external, cross-functional partners
- Agile and Flexible- our pace and process is fast and every changing, must be able to manage multiple projects and problems under time pressure
- Displays effective executive presence, positive and solution minded
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excel and Word proficient
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs