About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Category Manager I of Strategic Sourcing drives competitive advantage and value creation for sourcing initiatives they manage. The Category Manager I has responsibility to execute transactions between Gap business units and suppliers for acquisition ofprofessional services and related support. He or she will manage all aspects of negotiating contract terms and pricing, as well as perform spend and data analysis, ensure process and policy compliance, perform market research, and facilitate ongoing support. The Category Manager I will own planning, implementation, and execution of sourcing strategy for specific categories. The Category Manager I will be responsible for developing effective relationships with business partners internally and externally at various levels.
What you'll do
- Develop, manage and execute sourcing strategies for specific categories through technical/functional knowledge, in support of the business’ short-term and long-term plans. Has understanding of key strategic sourcing functions (supplier selection, market intelligence, business partner management, contract management, negotiations, SRM, etc.)
- Build and strengthen business partner relationships: successfully partner across functions and levels with internal stakeholders, external suppliers, agencies and colleagues to achieve results
- Balance speed and urgency with cost savings in vendor negotiations
- External Focus: Develop category knowledge and regularly leverage industry experts, associations, peers and stakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices
- Achieve defined category performance targets; hold vendors accountable to performance agreements and implement course corrections and mitigation strategies as needed
- Engages and establishes partnerships across the organization to collaborate, influence, and execute sourcing strategyApply resourcefulness, collaboration and influencing skills to professional services contracts, which may cross business partner departments and may overlap with other sourcing categories
Who you are
- Sourcing Capability: manage, plan, and execute sourcing strategy to drive short and long-term results by leveraging market knowledge and collaboration and influencing with stakeholders. Excellent prioritization skills with ability to adapt to change quickly
- Business Acumen: Understanding of key business drivers and opportunities in professional services
- Ability to interact with senior leaders and demonstrate a professional presence. Ability to learn and quickly develop subject matter expertise
- Drive for Results: Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance and deliver sustainable results to the team
- Experience: 4+ years professional experience in management consulting, strategic sourcing, or supply chain. Experience in a dynamic organization with experience in sourcing. Experience planning and leading negotiations
- Education: Bachelor's degree in business administration, supply chain management, or related discipline; MBA or Advanced degree preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs