About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
This position will be part of the Data Science Engineering team at Gap Inc, whose primary goals include building data products and infrastructure that support analytics and data-science at scale. With business users all across the company, the team works cross-functionally to ensure reports, analytics, and models are supported by a stable, efficient, and accurate back-end.
What you'll do
- Partner with internal customers to understand business needs and build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Develop, deploy, and support analytic data products, such as data marts, ETL’s (extract/transform/load), functions (in Python/SQL/Spark/R), and visualizations.
- Navigate various data sources and efficiently locate data in a complex data ecosystem.
- Work closely with our data scientists to ensure production models are built using a scalable back-end.
- Maintain and support deployed solutions and data products.
Who you are
- BA/BS in a technical or engineering field (Master’s preferred).
- 1-3 years of experience in a data engineering or full-stack data scientist role.
- Strong understanding of relational databases and SQL.
- Solid programming foundations and proficiency with data related languages such as Python/Spark/R.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs