About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The selected candidate will be responsible for effectively initiating, planning, scheduling, estimating, forecasting, coordinating, controlling, managing and delivering all activities for projects or portions of large programs and related release initiatives as part of the TechOps/Infosec Technical Program Management team.
The selected candidate will oversee the day-to-day progress of project(s) or portions of large programs and release initiatives with regard to time, budget, scope and quality.
What you'll do
- Manages all aspects of the project lifecycle including process improvements, analysis, design, development, testing, installation, implementation and post-implementation reviews
- Applies proven project management techniques, methods and tools and develops resource strategies, budget, staff and specialized support as needed for cost-effective deployment
- Provides leadership, direction and integrates activities with other Gap Inc IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support
- Monitors and reports to GapTech leadership on the status of project efforts (including weekly time reporting, bi-weekly status reporting, monthly budget tracking and forecasting, reconciliation and risk, action, issue, decision management and tracking
- Proactively identifies risks and mitigation plans, and actively manages issues to closure that may impact deliverables and develops and implements corrective actions
- Follows the architectural and information security review processes to achieve funding
- Uses innovative problem solving and critical thinking approaches to proactively solve a broad range of problems across technologies
Who you are
- 3+ years of progressively responsible, “hands-on” experience in IT; 2+ years of Project Management experience; a Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Proven track record of supporting successful projects and related best practices, ideally in the TechOps/Infosec space
- Broad understanding of Agile methodologies, testing, portfolio and project management methodologies
- Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively in a matrix, proven influencing skills
- Strong executive presence and effective oral and written communication skills across IT and business
- Project management within a Retail business, TechOps or Information Security experience preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs