About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Category Manager II of Strategic Sourcing, Omnichanel Packaging drives competitive advantage and value creation for sourcing initiatives they manage. The Category Manager II of Strategic Sourcing, Omnichanel Packaging has responsibility to execute complex transactions between Gap business units and suppliers for acquisition and innovation in global packaging. He or she will manage all aspects of negotiating contract terms and pricing, as well as perform spend and data analysis, ensure process and policy compliance, perform market research, and facilitate ongoing collaboration with industry organizations. The Category Manager II of Strategic Sourcing, Omnichanel Packaging will own planning, implementation, and execution of sourcing strategy for specific categories related to omnichannel packaging – they include but not limited to polybags, mailers, labels, and shipping cartons. The Category Manager II of Strategic Sourcing, Omnichanel Packaging will be responsible for developing effective relationships with business partners across the supply chain and key leaders internally and externally at various levels.
What you'll do
- Implement and Refine sourcing strategies through strong technical/functional knowledge, in support of the business’ short-term and long-term plans. Has deep understanding of key strategic sourcing functions (RFI, RFP, RFQ, supplier selection, market intelligence, business partner management, contract management, negotiations, SRM, etc.)
- Achieve defined category performance targets; hold vendors accountable to performance agreements and implement course corrections and mitigation strategies as needed
- Build and strengthen strategic relationships: successfully partner across functions and levels with internal stakeholders, external suppliers, Legal, Finance, Gap International Sourcing, Distribution Centers, Product Regulatory + Safety, Global Sustainability, Stores and Brands to drive results and influence change
- External Focus: Has subject matter knowledge and regularly leverages industry experts, associations, peers and stakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices in Supply Chain, Packaging, Strategic Sourcing and/or Sustainability
- Leverage strong influencing skills to define Strategic Sourcing’s role and align objectives and targets with stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Provide guidance and mentorship on Strategic Sourcing knowledge to junior team members
- Balance speed and urgency with cost savings in vendor negotiations
Who you are
- Business Acumen: Retail knowledge also a plus. Ability to interact with senior leaders and demonstrate a professional presence. Ability to learn and quickly develop subject matter expertise
- Strategic Orientation: experience leveraging business acumen, market intelligence, and insight to influence and drive strategic impact in complex categories. Proven ability to assess and adapt to dynamic business environment
- Sourcing Capability: manage, plan, and execute complex, global categories to drive short and long-term results through category strategies, leveraging in-depth market knowledge, collaboration and influencing at all levels of a global organization. Excellent planning and prioritization skills with ability to adapt to change quickly
- Personal Leadership: demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team
- Change Leadership: experience leading without authority to influence others and drive decision-making
- Experience: 6+ years professional experience in management consulting, strategic sourcing, packaging or supply chain. Experience in a dynamic, multi-national organization.Experience planning and leading negotiations and driving strategy
- Education: Bachelor's degree in business administration, supply chain management, or related discipline; MBA or advanced degree preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs