About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Change Management team is part of the Product Management (PdM) group. The PdM group designs, creates, and implements best in class technology business solutions that maximize profitability for Gap Inc.
The Change Management team facilitates the people side of change across Gap, Inc. by enabling adoption and sustainability of process changes, system rollouts and organizational changes, with the ultimate goal of increasing profitability across Gap, Inc.
The Manager of Change Management will focus on enabling change for these implementations leveraging the Change Management Operating Model, including assessing and articulating the level of change needed for business processes, systems and technology, and job roles. The primary responsibility will be executing Prosci-based change management strategies that equip our global teams with the awareness, desire, knowledge, ability, and reinforcement needed to maximize their adoption, minimize resistance and business disruption, and strengthen our institutional change acumen.
This role supports multiple projects and collaborates with various cross-functional teams. Key stakeholders include PdM, Business Teams across Inc., Learning & Development, and the GapTech Business Engagement Team.
What you'll do
- Supports and executes comprehensive change management strategies for technology program-level initiatives across multiple projects throughout Gap Inc.
- Leveraging our Change Management Operating Model supports the creation, development, and execution of project-level change management activities and deliverables, such as: impact assessments, communication plans, coaching plans, training plans, resistance management plans, and measurement plans for adoption
- Acts as coach and internal change consultant to project sponsors, project teams and Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) on business teams
- Leads training development and delivery efforts
- Create or support sustainability strategy and execution plan to ensure stakeholder groups can sustain adoption post roll out and own future ongoing improvement efforts
- Participates in Change Management team activities, contributes to team culture and creates visibility to Change Management team efforts
Who you are
- 4+ years work experience including projects with a complex scope and with system and process implementations
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to change with an eagerness to learn and demonstrate resilience
- Curiosity for technology, what drives the business and understanding how individual stakeholders approach their roles
- Excitement at the challenge to collaborate with a range of cross-functional teams and has demonstrated the ability to work through others and establish strong relationships
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences including successfully presenting to multiple levels of an organization
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs