About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Gap Inc Director of Sourcing & Production Management leads a team to develop and implement sourcing strategies, manage all aspects of production, and identify new opportunities for cost savings and process improvement. The Director is responsible for developing strong and effective business partner relationships with senior leaders that lead to on-going strategic partnerships. The Director also oversees the planning activities related to sourcing and production of new product launches across multiple categories. The Director is responsible for developing the leadership and coaching skills of team members and across the department.
The 3rd party and Licensing team is a Sourcing & Production organization within Gap Inc. that handles sourcing strategy, and production management for the products within Gap Inc. that are bought from a third party, private label and/or licensing vendor. The team supports a variety of product categories from licensed apparel, to beauty/personal care, private label shoes, and more. Our team provides end to end support -market intelligence, benchmarking, negotiating contracts, sourcing & onboarding new vendors, product development, cost negotiations, delivery tracking and end-to-end production management.
What you'll do
- Provide guidance on sourcing strategies through strong technical/functional knowledge, in support of the business’ long-range plans. Has deep understanding of key strategic sourcing functions (supplier selection, marketing intelligence, business partner management, contract management, negotiations, SRM, etc.)
- Production and sourcing management: materials knowledge, trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity, production cycle timeline, fabric and garment construction, costing, SOT
- Develop and empower talent: leads leaders of others - coaches and develops team on both technical and soft skills; develops the coaching and leadership skills of managers of others
- Build and strengthen strategic relationships: successfully partner across varied functions and levels with senior internal stakeholders, external suppliers, agencies and colleagues to drive results and influence change
- External Focus: maintain strong connections with a wide network of peers and leaders across multiple organizations and industry groups
- Strong analytical mindset
- Define category performance targets and lead team to achieve goals; hold vendors accountable to performance agreements and implement course corrections and mitigation strategies as needed
- Leverage strong influencing skills to define 3PL’s role and align objectives and targets with stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Subject matter expert to the broader organization in the development of plans for implementation and change management for projects
- Act as a change agent to drive GAP Inc. wide process, scale and leverage opportunities
- Develop and empower talent: by coaching and mentoring junior team members on both technical and soft skills
Who you are
- Proven track record of developing long-term capabilities in others and across a global organization, having found enjoyment developing best-in-industry teams and sharing talent across the organization
- Significant experience leveraging business acumen, market intelligence, and insight to drive broad strategic impact across a business. Proven ability to assess and adapt to dynamic business environment
- Significant experience leading a team and driving long-term results through category strategies, levering in-depth market knowledge, collaboration and influencing at all levels of a global organization
- Demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team
- Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate and lead others in an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance and deliver sustainable results to the organization
- Experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making
- 12 + years professional experience in production, sourcing, global supply chain, merchandising or management consulting
- Experience in licensing a plus
- Education: Advanced degree preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs