About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Data and Analytics organization is a critical component of the Digital and Technology Team at Gap Inc. This organization is chartered with unlocking the power of data and analytics to drive action across Gap Inc.
Reporting to the Director of Advanced Analytics within Foundational Capabilities, this role will be responsible for leading the development of Gap Inc next-generation reporting, dashboards and tools to drive evidence-based decision making across all functions and roles in the enterprise. We are looking for someone with strong skills taking ambiguous problems and defining development opportunities.
What you'll do
- Responsible for assisting with the defining, development, testing and deployment of data-driven tools for the Data & Analytics team and other business functions
- Working cross-functionally, collaborate and partner with product managers, project managers, data engineers, accounting, finance and internal customers to understand user needs and translate those insights into areas of opportunities, and developing solutions that meet business needs.
- Utilize user experience methodologies to understand and identify user behaviors, challenges, needs, and desires.
Who you are
- 3+ years of experience developing Web Analytics reporting within Adobe (Omniture) ecosystem or similar Web Analytics platform
- 3+ years of experience demonstrating Business Intelligence development, developing within PowerBI, SQL and Microsoft BI stack: SSIS, SSRS, SSAS (Multidimensional cube) or similar
- Ability to convert data, write complex SQL queries, tabular models, and create reports and dashboards across an enterprise environment
- Respond to immediate needs and create ad hoc analysis reports
- Experience with design review and documenting requirements for end-users
- Provide technical guidance instruction for Business Intelligence direct and indirect users
- Experience with Python, or other data-centric programming language preferred
- Excellent communication skills. Able to effectively communicate and train both users and technical audiences. Comfortable presenting data visuals / reports to executive stakeholders
- Master of Science degree within Information Technology or similar field is required
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs