For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
We are looking for a Fit Specialist to successfully utilize mastery and expertise to advance the creation and commercialization of premium performance and life style product. In this role you will facilitate the transition of product from initial design and trend concept to a fit approved garment. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to drive innovation in construction, and appropriate raw materials for both fit and function. In addition you will leverage and develop key vendor relationships to support working efficiently and driving fit consistency to improve the customer experience.
What you'll do
- Lead fit sessions and effectively communicate fit intent and balance to vendor base
- Create and maintain fit blocks and standards, ensuring overall fit consistency
- Create seasonal patterns and mock up’s by flat pattern or draping to support design development
- Leverage technical knowledge to troubleshoot and resolve issues that are unique and may require a novel approach
- Identify potential production and quality concerns and make recommendations to ensure brand integrity
- Recommend raw material components to meet brand standard and uphold design intent
- Understand the competitive landscape, in product, technology and machinery
- Deliver high quality product in fit, styling, detail, and functionality that enables Athleta to achieve its financial goals.
- Manage and track competing seasonal deliverables, for products under your category
- Review style grading and make recommendations
- Mentor direct report in the art and science of fit and patternmaking
- Build Talent and bench for continuous knowledge base for the brand
Who you are
BA, AA or Certification in Patternmaking, or equivalent
10+ years experience in Patternmaking, fabric knowledge, garment construction, and manufacturing processes
Willing and able to travel as needed
Demonstrated understanding of physical fit, evaluation of body size, shape and the relationship of clothing on the target body
Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
Demonstrated curiosity, motivated to learn new skills and knowledge
Ability to act as a technical resource and mentor of others
Consumer advocate who understands Athleta customer base
Ability to utiize 2D patternmaking software, Optitex preferred
3D Style creation a plus
Ability to sew and construct garments a plus
Knowledge of and experience in working with extended sizes (1x-3x) a plus
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs