About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
As a member of our User Experience Team @Gap you’ll experience and drive scale, impact and innovation. As one of the largest multi-branded global retailers, we’re amongst the handful of competitors who can – and must – be at the forefront of great digital experiences to thrive. We have a proprietary digital engine, integrated with a set of industry-leading third parties, that helps drive strong customer experience and is core to our customer strategy.
Gap, Inc. is looking for a UX Designer, Omni Experience and Loyalty. In this role, you will be a visual designer and skilled interaction professional. You will work with cross-functional partners to improve the user experience across Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, and Athleta.
You will work across multiple areas of UX, starting with our integrated cross-brand loyalty program. You should demonstrate strong interaction and visual design skills and be able to collaborate with a dynamic team across multiple touchpoints.
You will own specific touchpoints and process flows and help guide test and learn design sprints alongside other UX designers on your team. Additionally, you will facilitate communication between UX team members, Brand leaders, Store Operations, Loyalty and Payments team and technology partners to ensure outstanding, holistic user experience is being taken into account.
What you'll do
- Execute on a holistic end-to-end user experience vision across multiple platforms.
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes.
- Use business requirements, user research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements.
- Anticipate evolving customer and store associate needs and how the organization can address them with current or new products/services.
- Be a member of workshops and design sprints with project teams and stakeholders to explore problem spaces, identify new opportunities and create alignment.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management and Loyalty and Payments teams to design user requirements and flows.
- Take direction from Sr UX designers on the team, while furthering your own design and communication skills.
Who you are
- You have 2-4 years of professional UX Design experience.
- You live and breathe lean design methodology, design thinking and experimentation.
- You think about design in your spare time and are naturally curious about better ways to do things.
- You are visual and consider pixels your friend.
- You enjoy systems thinking and service design.
- You demonstrate that you deeply care for the craft and have impeccable attention for details while distilling the design components and patterns to compose a system.
- You are looking to grow your career in a supportive organization and champion the user experience in everything you do.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs