About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Senior Manager of Banana Republic Operations reports to the Director of Banana Republic Operations. This leader will support the day-to-day brand operations as well as lead enterprise-wide transformation workstreams. This leader will need to balance the immediate needs of ensuring continuous business operations across our product-to-market pipeline, while also driving the organization toward a more efficient and effective operating model. A balance of left-and-right brains, this leader will be as comfortable working with creative product development leaders as designing new tools to support our inventory management leaders. You’ll apply your abilities for strategy, planning, and execution to devise operational solutions. With a strategic mindset, this leader will be able to understand and integrate value-driving buying strategies into our product operating model. This position will require a strong understanding of the systems and tools behind our product lifecycle, and a desire to manage enterprise-wide transformational change by building capabilities through people, process, and tools. An understanding of the apparel product life cycle process across design, merchandising, inventory management, sourcing, and production is a plus. Lastly, this leader will work closely with senior leaders across the brand, with an ability to influence, align with stakeholders toward a common goal, and drive to results.
What you'll do
- Supports day-to-day brand operations, focused on creative-driven product lifecycle process
- Owns and manages end-to-end product knowledge management process
- Manages enterprise-wide transformational initiatives, including capability-building across people, process, and tools
- Leads project management, taking initiatives from conception to launch
- Develops relationships with key senior leaders to ensure buy-in and support of transformational programs
- Works closely with brand strategy team to understand strategic focus of brand and implement key strategic initiatives across product operating model
- Drives operational scale and efficiency
Who you are
- 7+ years of consulting and / or strategic business operations experience, ideally with knowledge of apparel product lifecycle
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA required
- Demonstrated success in operational excellence and performance improvement projects
- Change management / implementation experience
- Exceptional problem solving and first-principles thinking; ability to frame ambiguous and complex issues with select business partners
- Turnaround and transformation efforts, including operating systems development and organizational restructures and effectiveness
- Process-oriented mindset and ability to lead people to get things done
- Strong influence skills and ability to work successfully with peers; a true team player
- Exceptional excel tool-building skills
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs