About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Data and Analytics organization is chartered with unlocking the power of data to drive decision making and customer obsession across Gap Inc’s family of dynamic brands. This organization is also responsible for building the Data and Analytics Platform in partnership with GapTech (IT team) and scale our capabilities across the enterprise. The Decision Support team within the Data and Analytics organization drives value and innovation through the application and delivery of analytics within our diverse specialty apparel brands and the functional areas of Product Management (PDM), Marketing, and Loyalty.
Reporting to Director of Decision Support, Manager, Decision Support Gap partners with the brand and cross-functional teams on the evolution of personalization at scale for the customer, marketing, and e-commerce for Gap brand.
The successful candidate is experienced in leveraging data and analytics to inform strategies, and highly skilled in translating business questions into analytical models. They are eager to be a part of a digital-first, growth-oriented, data-driven team. Key areas of opportunity and focus include online and omnichannel personalization, customer loyalty, customer lifecycle, and lifetime value analysis and measurement.
What you'll do
- Perform analysis and leverage existing internal analytical tools to improve decision making and customer strategy development for key stakeholders across the Gap brand
- Partner with key stakeholders specifically within the Gap brand to leverage customer data and marketing analytics to drive business outcomes
- Lead projects across Data and Analytics to help Gap brand leverage data and analytics to make customer-centric, data-driven decisions
- Proactively identify opportunities to evolve the customer data and marketing analytics roadmap based on the needs of key stakeholders
Who you are
- 8+ years of experience in customer or marketing analytics, in a multi-channel retail environment
- Strong business acumen and presentation skills
- Experience manipulating large scale datasets using SQL
- Experience with R, Python, and SAS for data manipulation, modeling, and summarization
- Analytical experience including regression modeling (Linear, Logistic) and strong foundational statistical knowledge.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI
- Management consulting or strategy experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Data Science or other quantitative, technical, or social science field required. MS/MBA strongly preferred.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs