About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
At Gap Inc., we are passionate about creating and delivering quality software by utilizing Agile and DevOps best practices. We are creating Cloud-based solutions using Automation, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration & Delivery, Pair Programming, and story-based iterative development. In this role, you will have key responsibilities for enhancing, scaling and optimizing high-performance database systems powering one of the most trafficked e-commerce sites on the Internet!
We are looking for imaginative individuals experienced with cutting-edge database technologies, and state-of-the-art Engineering and DevOps practices powering commerce systems at scale.
What you'll do
- Work collaboratively with engineering and technical operations team members to build integrated, high-volume services
- Create robust database solutions and multi-task across initiatives while maintaining code simplicity and extensibility, reliability, scalability and performance
- Engage actively with team members to continuously improve engineering design, practices and methodology
- Engage in best-in-class DevOps practices with end-to-end “design, build and run” responsibilities
- Develop code using standards-based solutions, drive adoption via mentoring and guiding others
Who you are
- 7-10 years of database engineering experience with a primary focus on multi-node database systems, backing extremely high-volume Java-based services
- In-depth knowledge and technical expertise with both SQL and NoSQL based database and data cache systems including Oracle RDBMS / RAC, MySQL, Postgres, MariaDB, Redis, HBase
- Experience running workloads on Public Clouds such as AWS, Azure or GCP, leveraging Cloud-native PaaS databases such as Cosmos, Azure SQL, RDS is a major plus.
- Solid experience in query tuning, performance optimization and database “build and run” with a DevOps mindset
- Expertise in designing and integrating with service-oriented architectures, keeping performance and security in mind.
- Experience with modern DevOps development tools including Git, Jenkins, JIRA, PagerDuty and logging/monitoring tools such as New Relic and Splunk
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs