About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
In this role, you will serve as a strategic Diversity Business Partner for one of our Brands and/or Functions, and operate as an integral part of the Equality & Belonging team, providing breadth and depth of diversity and inclusion expertise to identify and drive strategies that accelerate the success of our business. You are a thought leader and influencer, creative and collaborative in bringing together energy and resources inside and outside your function. You challenge mindsets and inspire new points of view and help remove systemic and cultural roadblocks to drive meaningful change; and you are in search of an amazing opportunity to help shape and impact the future of Equality & Belonging at Gap Inc. and the world at large.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with Brand/Functional leadership team, HR and other key stakeholders in the strategic planning, design, implementation and monitoring of Gap Inc. and Brand specific Equality & Belonging initiatives, ensuring plans are aligned with our talent practices, development frameworks and organizational strategies and goals to support our 2025 commitments and beyond.
- Provide strategic and day-to-day operational leadership on equality and belonging programs and practices, ensuring a core and common approach across the Brand/Function.
- Connect Brand/Functional opportunities to our Employee, Customer and Community Belonging objectives, working in concert with the leader of these three Equality & Belonging verticals.
- Work closely with Brand/Functional partners to understand business strategies, assess current cultural competence and identify capability gaps and opportunities for improvement to enable a culture of inclusion, belonging, and allyship.
- Provide relevant data, analysis, and recommendations to guide decision-making related to execution of Brand/Functional strategic efforts.
- Advise, mentor/coach and guide all levels of leadership to build cultural competence and inclusive leadership skills to further unlock employee engagement capabilities; serve as an ambassador for employee network groups, helping to increase engagement and active participation of employees in Equality & Belonging initiatives.
- Build and exert influence to create positive change and proactively mitigate and resolve employee issues in partnership with HR, Employee Relations and Legal.
Who you are
6 + years of experience in Diversity and Inclusion, HR, or People strategy
3+ years of experience in a client facing/consulting role
Experience analyzing organizational needs and setting strategies and goals to make a positive impact
Broad thinking and perspective of current inclusion and diversity trends and change management best practices
Track record of coaching and developing leaders and advising action in sensitive or ambiguous situations, including employee relations, performance management, or organizational diagnostics
Experience leveraging best-in-class project management and stakeholder engagement techniques to influence broad group of stakeholders and senior leaders – without direct authority
Proven ability handling complex and confidential information with discretion, advising action in sensitive and ambiguous situations and establishing business partner role as a critical partner and trusted advisor
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs