About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
In this role, you will serve as a strategic Diversity Business Partner for one of our Brands and/or Functions, and operate as an integral part of the Equality & Belonging team, providing breadth and depth of diversity and inclusion expertise to identify and drive strategies that accelerate the success of our business. You are a thought leader and influencer, creative and collaborative in bringing together energy and resources inside and outside your function. You challenge mindsets and inspire new points of view and help remove systemic and cultural roadblocks to drive meaningful change; and you are in search of an amazing opportunity to help shape and impact the future of Equality & Belonging at Gap Inc. and the world at large.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with Brand/Functional leadership team, HR and other key stakeholders in the strategic planning, design, implementation and monitoring of Gap Inc. and Brand specific Equality & Belonging initiatives, ensuring plans are aligned with our talent practices, development frameworks and organizational strategies and goals to support our 2025 commitments and beyond.
- Provide strategic and day-to-day operational leadership on equality and belonging programs and practices, ensuring a core and common approach across the Brand/Function.
- Connect Brand/Functional opportunities to our Employee, Customer and Community Belonging objectives, working in concert with the leader of these three Equality & Belonging verticals.
- Work closely with Brand/Functional partners to understand business strategies, assess current cultural competence and identify capability gaps and opportunities for improvement to enable a culture of inclusion, belonging, and allyship.
- Provide relevant data, analysis, and recommendations to guide decision-making related to execution of Brand/Functional strategic efforts.
- Advise, mentor/coach and guide all levels of leadership to build cultural competence and inclusive leadership skills to further unlock employee engagement capabilities; serve as an ambassador for employee network groups, helping to increase engagement and active participation of employees in Equality & Belonging initiatives.
- Build and exert influence to create positive change and proactively mitigate and resolve employee issues in partnership with HR, Employee Relations and Legal.
Who you are
6 + years of experience in Diversity and Inclusion, HR, or People strategy
3+ years of experience in a client facing/consulting role
Experience analyzing organizational needs and setting strategies and goals to make a positive impact
Broad thinking and perspective of current inclusion and diversity trends and change management best practices
Track record of coaching and developing leaders and advising action in sensitive or ambiguous situations, including employee relations, performance management, or organizational diagnostics
Experience leveraging best-in-class project management and stakeholder engagement techniques to influence broad group of stakeholders and senior leaders – without direct authority
Proven ability handling complex and confidential information with discretion, advising action in sensitive and ambiguous situations and establishing business partner role as a critical partner and trusted advisor
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs