About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Merchandise Coordinator is responsible for set-up and maintenance of the web site, with a focus on Women and Petite divisions, in order to drive positive top-line financial results and to meet or exceed customer expectations. The position is multifaceted and will work closely with and support the entire site merchandising team to set up promotions, create compelling sorts and to ensure site accuracy and integrity daily. We’re looking for a candidate who is detail-oriented with a strong interest in the digital space and merchandising.
What you'll do
- Manage product launches and execution of PDP (product pages) including edits on Copy, Photography and marketing flags (to call out online exclusives, etc). Focus on the Women and Petite business with support to the entire team.
- Execute, manage, and maintain curated sorts and site merchandising in partnership with the site merchandising team
- Work with site merchants, site production, and yield management to add promo flags and set up sorts for online promotional events
- Responsible for daily site review for categories of ownership to deliver elevated, compelling, accurate customer shopping experiences.
- Support in-season business actions with changes that include categories/sub-category, style or style color display, sort orders and linking strategy.
- Support product photography process, including shot request and sample photography status with central photo studio team.
- Run weekly report to track status of online styles for No Sales, and own ad hoc reporting for areas of ownership and team.
- Work with web production, IT, inventory management and the photo studio to trouble shoot, communicate and resolve site bugs or delayed product launches in a timely manner.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years' experience in retail/merchandising/e-commerce
- Proactive, strong attention to detail & accuracy, effective time management & organizational skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, self-starter.
- Analytical skills a plus
- Strong computer skills and in depth knowledge with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to learn systems and tools quickly
- Ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with cross-functional partners
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking fast paced environment
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs