About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Cloud Service Discovery team is driving an exciting transformation of the way software is developed, deployed, and consumed globally at GapTech, using principles of Cloud Native, DevOps, and Continuous Delivery.
The Cloud Engineer – Service Discovery will evaluate, build, and operate bleeding edge service gateway, catalog, and discovery capabilities that positively disrupt/optimize GapTech’s software development and delivery lifecycle. The engineer will also help, guide, and engage with Engineering teams producing APIs which require OIDC. This is a hands-on design, systems, and development role.
What you'll do
- Implement and support new and existing platform solutions for service development and consumption, including:
- Globally available API Gateways
- Globally aware Service Discovery
- Internal and external Service Catalogs
- Develop and deliver products iteratively and resolve development, operationalization, and consumption roadblocks in a product DevOps model
- Participates in Proof of Concepts (POC) and Proof of Value (POV) efforts as well as engaging the adoption of new technologies.
- Keep current with the latest industry trends and technology. Identify and leverage new technologies and methodologies
- Handle complex integrations and work comfortably across different levels of the stack
Who you are
- MS/BS Degree in CS or related field with 5+ years of experience.
- 3+ years of current hands-on development of platform solutions, including:
- API Gateways (Apigee, Mashery, Zuul, etc.)
- Microservices and REST API development using languages like (Java, Python preferred)
- Large scale infrastructure deployments and support, and experience with logging and reporting systems (Splunk, Newrelic..etc)
- Configuration Management using tools like Chef
- Familiar with at least one auth and identity protocols such as OAuth 2.0, OIDC, or SAML.
- 3 + years working in an Enterprise Linux environment, and excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Experience in architecting and building Kubernetes clusters and building docker container images
- Prior experience with cloud-based architecture and deployment using a cloud provider likes Azure, AWS, or GCP.
- Prior Experience with NoSQL DBs like Cassandra or Hadoop.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs