About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Gap Inc.Technology is looking for exceptional talent with fresh ideas, cutting-edge skills, and a passion for retail and technology. In your 10 weeks with Gap Inc, you’ll have a voice in the room, be pushed to take risks, and play a critical role in innovative projects that are transforming retail technology. Ready to get started?
What you'll do
- Learn each facet of the Software Development LifeCycle using Agile Methodology/ Delivery and play an integral part on the team
- Participate in an Agile work environment, pair with Senior Developers and QA Engineers to produce and deliver code and/or test cases using Agile practices
- Join in bi-weekly showcases, daily standup meetings, and bi-weekly retrospectives
- Use TDD (test driven development) practices with other Engineers, and Product Managers
- Learn hands-on use of development tools
Who you are
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related undergraduate degree in progress - accepting students that graduate in December 2021 and Spring 2022
- Strong ability to identify and execute priorities with a sense of urgency
- Handle multiple tasks and manage time effectively to satisfactorily meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication and presentations skills- even to those without a technical background
- A desire to evolve excellent problem solving skills; meticulous & methodical
- Some experience and a strong desire to learn one or more of the following (broken out by different team needs):
- PRICING TEAM- Java & Spring Boot, RabbitMQ, MySQL or PostgresSQL
- DATA PLATFORM - VISPARK & real time data manipulation
- MOBILE & SITE PLATFORM - Swift & Android app experience
- CLOUD (TECHOPS) - Information Technology, Python, Ruby, Java
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs