About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Gap, Inc. is looking for a UX Director, eCommerce. In this role, you will be a team leader, strategic thinker and have the opportunity to craft and sell a future vision to cross-functional stakeholders in Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic Athleta, Janie and Jack, and Intermix. You will be a people manager and have the responsibility to mentor, inspire, and grow your staff by setting clear expectations, removing obstacles and creating an atmosphere that fosters innovative thinking. As a director, you will lead the creation of products and services and ensure the right level of planning and high-quality production is executed amongst various product teams. Additionally, you will facilitate communication between UX team members and technology partners in separate workstreams to ensure outstanding, holistic user experience is being taken into account.
What you'll do
- Lead discovery and exploration of new strategic opportunities and collaborate cross-functionally to define a holistic end-to-end user experience.
- Anticipate evolving customer needs and how the organization can address them with current or new products/services.
- Facilitate workshops and design sprints with project teams and stakeholders to explore problem spaces, identify new opportunities, and create alignment.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management to influence roadmaps and strategic decisions. Involve a wider circle of people, who are not part of your formal team, in order to tap capabilities or perspectives that will enable better results.
- Use diplomacy when considering feedback regardless of department/positionelationship, and communicate relevant information back to the team.
- Develop the skills of UX design team members to support business needs and individual career aspirations. Develop talent through coaching and mentoring, and provide support and guidance to the UX design team.
Who you are
- You have a minimum of 10 years of professional UX Design experience.
- You live and breathe lean design methodology, design thinking, and experimentation.
- People regularly come to you for design direction and inspiration.
- Leading a group of e-commerce UX designers makes you proud
- Developing people and nourishing their strengths is a key talent of yours.
- You know how to see the forest through the trees; you are flexible to be able to dart into the details when needed, yet also understand how they fits into a larger strategic picture.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs