About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
This role will report to the Head of Communications and will inspire the way every employee, prospective employee, business partner, stakeholder and customer thinks about Gap Inc. We need someone who can partner across the portfolio organization, from HR to Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and executive leaders, to build on our culture that’s rooted in these behaviors: Create with Audacity, Customer Curious, Speak with Candor and Try Fast, Learn Fast, Think Big. This person will lead the development and execution of strategies and programs that enable our employees to bring their best selves to work. We’re looking for a trusted counselor who creates large-scale communications programs and events that build and reinforce brands from the inside out, authentically align internal and external company/brand experiences and maximize culture as an enabler of organizational success. This role serves as a maestro of creative content, campaigns and events to promote company reputation.
What you'll do
- Experience Design: Create a vision to shape our Engagement + Community Team. Design & iterate our programs and processes to create amazing “moments that matter” across the employee journey and for anyone who experiences our corporate culture.
- Team Growth and Development: Hire, develop, and lead a high-performing Engagement + Community Team. Encourage bold and creative thinking and inspire the team to challenge the status quo at every step.
- Shape and Protect Gap Inc’s Culture, Values + Organizational Behaviors: Through our next phase of significant growth, the team will be charged with ideating, implementing and institutionalizing programs that support the end to end employee experience.
- Scale Our Culture: Champion, role model, and embed Gap Inc’s values + behaviors across a geographically dispersed org.
Build Programs that Serve as a Talent Magnet: As the business is constantly evolving, evaluate and execute on current engagement programs to maintain a high-performance culture. Pilot new programs (social impact, wellness, performance) to create a compelling employee value proposition.
Fully Embed our Values: Collaborate with networking groups’ leaders and the broader HR team to develop new opportunities to drive business outcomes, as well as execute strategies for retention, engagement and promotion of a diverse and inclusive talent pool. Develop multi-faceted campaigns that support diversity & inclusion efforts across the candidate & employee experience to create a workplace that fosters a sense of belonging.
Keep your Finger on the Pulse: Monitor, evaluate and report on the competitive landscape with respect to corporate culture and diversity + inclusion efforts across the industry.
Build Ambassadors: Influence the company’s thought leadership strategy, leveraging key executives and employees to sponsor and speak on behalf of the company in support of strategic cultural initiatives.
Who you are
12+ years driving communications relative to employee experience, diversity and inclusion work, talent branding, experiential marketing, preferably across large, diverse and disparately located brands/companies. 5+ years-experience building and leading teams of individual contributors and managers.
Experience driving cultural change initiatives, activating employee inclusion and engagement, making the mundane magical, and igniting growth and learning through strategies that position a brand/company as a great place to work.
Tenacious content, events + experience creation, constant curiosity, and a fascination for retail, operating model principles and broader market/societal impact.
Leveraging research and data to develop insight-based recommendations for values-related impact, integrating culture, community and cause to spotlight what makes a company and its teams authentic and unique; Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem-solving.
Extensive writing experience and proven track record of delivering exceptional written work; a deep understanding of storytelling principles across new and emerging media types, coupled with digital/social media savvy.
Ability to work effectively and build credibility with multiculturalacial/ethnic/diverse populations, at all levels of the organization, as well as externally/B2B.
Highly creative and innovative, superior critical thinking and ability to move from concept to ideation to strategy to execution, autonomously; strong bias for action and not afraid to “roll up your sleeves;” collaborative, resourceful, flexible and influential.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs