About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Real Estate leasing is a critical component of Gap Inc’s business strategy, and has a significant impact on the Company’s financial statements. This role is responsible for ensuring the financial profiling of accounting terms is done timely and accurately in the TELMS system. This role is also responsible for ensuring that all associated lease accounting is performed in compliance with GAAP (ASC 840). This position has global oversight of all lease accounting, including real estate and non-real estate (beginning in 2019). For real estate leases, the processes are centralized at the CSSC. For non-real estate leases, the processes are decentralized but with centralized governance. This position is also responsible for related key SOX controls, accounting policies, non-GAAP accounting conventions, and systems.
What you'll do
- Technical subject matter expert for financial lease accounting
- Understand upstream and downstream impacts of lease actions
- Read and profile draft, extensions, amendments, and terminations for accounting impacts
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting activities including but not limited to account reconciliation, flux analysis, and close entries
- Ensure close deadlines are met
- Ensures compliance with accounting policies and GAAP
- Communicates accounting impacts to ROD forecasting
Who you are
Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting or equivalent experience
3 years in accounting or financial analysis
Experience with some aspect of Real Estate accounting or contracts is a plus
Intermediate Excel skills required
Strong strategic and analytical aptitude utilizing multiple points of data to drive decision-making
Strong problem identification, presentation, and resolution skills including working with cross-functional teams
Able to demonstrate effective communication and persuasion skills to various levels of the organization
Able to learn quickly, identifying a range of people and sources to gather information and manage multiple deliverables at a time
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs