About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
At Gap Inc., we are passionate about creating and delivering quality software by utilizing Agile and DevOps best practices. We are creating solutions using Automation, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration & Delivery, Pair Programming, and story-based iterative development. In this role, you will collaborate cross-functionally with Product Management and Design to build and improve multiple features across the product discovery and purchase shopping experience.
We are looking for individuals with extensive experience providing at-scale solutions incorporating modern design concepts catering to speed of development, agility, elasticity and fault-tolerant services to power Gap Ecommerce offerings. Join us and flex your imagination with designing and developing industry-leading commerce features that are reliable, scalable, and create a great customer experience!
What you'll do
- Partner with Product Managers, Solution Architects and Business stakeholders to define, analyze, estimate level of effort to deliver at-scale solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Gain understanding of dependencies with external and internal teams and collaborate on cross functional initiatives.
- Collaborate, guide and lead software engineers to design, develop and operationalize services to meet business / functional requirements.
- Embrace and implement best-in-class DevOps practices with end-to-end “design, build and run” responsibilities with the aim towards operating a low-touch production environment.
- Responsible for a medium to large sized functional area, or a significant component of a functional area
- Develop code using standards-based solutions, drive adoption via mentoring and guiding others
Who you are
- 8+ years of software development experience preferably with high volume ecommerce or online retail.
- Proficient with Java, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, Kafka, Microservices and exposure to Apigee, Ping Federate, OAuth and OpenID Connect.
- Experience with running workloads on Public Clouds such as AWS, Azure or GCP, with experience with container-based technologies like Docker and Cloud Foundry.
- Prior experience working with Continuous Integration and deployment in a DevOps oriented product development environment with familiarity of Splunk, New Relic and Pager Duty.
- Well versed with system and technical design principles, performant coding practices ensuring security requirements are not compromised for functionality and/or performance.
- Demonstrated ability to simplify a complex solution into discrete components to parallelize development efforts reducing the overall time to market.
- Experience with laying out a go-live plan at the conceptual stage, analyzing the pros and cons between multiple options. E.g Big Bang vs Continuous Ramp
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs