About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Senior Manager of Workplace Inclusion serves as a champion, change agent and subject matter expert, who is committed to creating a culture of inclusion where everyone feels they belong and can reach their full potential. You’ll design a holistic workplace inclusion strategy and roadmap and will implement tightly integrated solutions, ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion principles, practices and processes are embedded across the talent lifecycle. You’ll challenge mindsets and inspire new points of view and help remove systemic and cultural roadblocks to drive inclusive behaviors, business practices and meaningful change.
What you'll do
- Partner across People and Culture Team and cross-functionally to design and implement tightly integrated solutions that drive inclusive behaviors and business practices at all levels.
- Leads the selection, design, and/or development of enterprise Equality & Belonging programs to develop, retain and promote a diverse workforce.
- Partner with Talent Management/L&D team to integrate D&I concepts and filters across talent ecosystem including leadership development, performance, learning and development experiences.
- Continuously review enterprise practices, programs, policies, including pay and benefits practices to ensure equity and inclusivity; determines the appropriateness of introducing new D&I initiatives.
- Drive leadership awareness, commitment and accountability for the employee experience and diversity action plans across the business.
- Collaborate to resolve complex problems, leveraging the appropriate application of organizational data, policies and practices.
- Establish consistent metrics and reporting to enable leaders to assess performance, inform decisions on how to achieve objectives, and assess the ROI.
Who you are
6 + years of experience in Diversity and Inclusion, HR, or People strategy
3 + years of people leadership/managing with strong evidence of professional maturity with 3+ years of experience in a client facing/consulting role
Proven track record of operationalizing and scaling programs focused on diversity, inclusion and belonging
Strong business acumen with the ability to weave diversity, inclusion, and belonging into company goals and objectives
Strong analytical skills and an ability to translate metrics, research, and trends into strategy and impact
Ability to motivate, influence and optimize working relationships with senior leadership, stakeholders and peer groups; ability to challenge conventional wisdom
Excellent communicator and collaborator, with the ability to build trusting relationships, manage stakeholder expectations and influence employees across all levels of the company
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs