About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Customers are wearing their values, now more than ever, and inclusion is an integral part of purchase decisions – from design concept to marketing to the online and in-store experience. As we push for change within the fashion industry, we believe it is our responsibility to ensure that everyone feels seen in the products we make and sell. We’re looking for (3) Senior Managers of Customer Belonging to help bring inclusion to life within our brands, establishing a shared vision for product inclusivity and customer empathy to build a “Best Product. Best Experience.” approach across Gap Inc. You’ll serve as an integral part of the business by designing, operationalizing, and standardizing inclusive product practices in direct alignment and partnership with product leaders and key stakeholders across all brands within the Gap Inc. portfolio.
What you'll do
- Drive and advance diversity & inclusion efforts through Equality & Belonging’s Customer Belonging platform: product inclusion, online + in-store experience, and customer engagement (social + communications + activations).
- Serve as an integral part of the business by designing, operationalizing, and standardizing inclusive product practices in direct alignment and partnership with product leaders and key stakeholders across all brands within the Gap Inc. portfolio. Partner with product leads to cultivate an environment for employees that demonstrate Gap Inc.’s commitment to creating for all, with all.
- Serve as the center of excellence within the brands (dividing ownership between Specialty Brands, Old Navy, and Athleta) for inclusive product research, strategy, design and execution to more readily identify opportunities and develop more inclusive products and customer experiences that drive bottom-line impact
- Collaborate with Merchandising, Design/Tech Design, Trend & Concept, Production, Marketing, and other key business teams to explore, research, and inform the development of more inclusive products and customer segments
- Create best practices and processes for HQ and Field teams to standardize inclusive product creation and customer engagement
- Consult with Consumer Insights and ARO teams to review global market data, identify industry trends, maintain cultural relevance, and capture product and customer segment opportunities
- Partner with Gap Inc. and Brand communication teams, routinely highlighting the company’s inclusion efforts through key communication channels
- Partner with Talent Management/Learning & Development to integrate inclusive design principles and bias mitigation concepts into product lifecycle learning curriculum
Who you are
6+ years of experience in diversity and inclusion, consumer strategy, and/or product management
3+ years of experience in a client-facing/consulting role
Experience leading cultural and enterprise-wide change, with demonstrated success working with executive leadership, influencing key stakeholders, and partnering with cross-functional teams to drive and implement new initiatives with executional excellence
Experience in drawing meaningful insights from data to create strategies, operationalize solutions, and track metrics of success
Passion for the retail industry and excitement for the opportunities around inclusion in fashion
Team player with ability to thrive in a fast paced, energetic environment
Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs