About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The role of the Inventory Management team is to maximize sales, margin, and inventory optimization across all customer channels from pre-season through to in-season. This work requires strong analytical and story-telling skills, the ability to build close partnerships with other functions, and a focus on executing best in class customer experience while delivering/exceeding financial targets. The Inventory Analyst provides support in creating, managing, and executing sales and inventory plans from investment through allocation at the product/category/item level.
What you'll do
- Financial Planning / Forecasting:
- Support creation of comprehensive business recaps on weekly and quarterly basis by providing data and recommendations that influence cross functional partners.
- Manage and execute strategic positioning of size investments – validating buys at the size level, ensuring optimal size availability for our customer, and inventory balancing.
- Complete monthly receipt reconciliation to validate and ensure pre-season investments are flowing through correctly to in-season timeframe.
- Plan Management – Pricing / Allocation:
- Execute in-season price strategies for both Stores and Online.
- Strategize and execute initial inventory releases to Stores.
- Forecast inbound/outbound inventory to drive in-stock and to manage DC/store payroll
- Execute allocation and replenishment of both basics and fashion.
Who you are
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 1-2 years’ work experience preferred
• Analytic Skills: Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
• Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
• Problem Solving and Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
• Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
• Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
• Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a diverse group of business partners
• Possess strong organizational and time management skills
• Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs