About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Product Management team at Gap Inc is responsible for creating best in class systems - from digital shopping experiences to inventory optimization algorithms. This is the team that ideates, executes, and delivers technology for Gap Inc.’s portfolio of specialty apparel brands; Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, Gap Factory, Banana Republic Factory and Intermix. Your work will impact millions of people worldwide who love our iconic brands. We partner with business leaders and a global engineering team to build custom software that powers a $16 billion Fortune 500 apparel retailer.
Senior Manager, Product Management will lead in optimizing the Company’s Platforms. As our product offerings continue to expand, we are building new infrastructure to scale with our business’s growing complexities. In this role, you’ll own the strategy, product roadmap, and business outcomes for the product team creating the infrastructure for our company to grow. The role requires a strong product mindset; combination of business savvy, customer centricity and technical knowledge. We are looking for experienced Senior product managers with an inquisitive nature and an inherent love for retail products.
What you'll do
- Lead a product portfolio within the enterprise domain which supports HR, Finance, Real Estate, Legal and other Corporate Functions
- Partner with a team of front-end and back-end engineers to scale software products; establish a strategy to improve product performance through new architectural approaches and monitoring tools; Own the product roadmap from implementation of new systems to maintenance of existing systems across third-party integrations and internal builds
- Ensure strong measurement and quantitative understanding of services - opportunities, benefits achieved, customer pain points. Conducts analysis to measure the results of feature deployments to quantify the business benefit/impact, and identify further business opportunities
- Will be the key authority and point of contact for cross functional teams during the lifecycle of product development of areas of ownership; helps groom and provide guidance to other passionate product managers in the team.
- Works with business and other Product teams to develop or modify processes, supporting post-launch change management efforts as needed and also to maintain overall good health of the product
- Manages multiple, concurrent projects in various phases of ideation, execution, or delivery Delivers software incrementally, on schedule and within budget.
- Identifies new opportunities and develop technology solutions that drive value for Gap Inc., including: Gathering input from our customers and internal and external sources, Justifying and prioritizing roadmaps, development initiatives and expenditures, analyzing competitors and market trends, Evaluating new technologies
Who you are
- 8+ years of experience designing, developing, and implementing API / platform products, ideally for a consumer-centric technology company.
- Demonstrated technical acumen; ability to influence and debate solutions with technical team members, to understand technology solutions and potential tradeoffs and to represent technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Data-driven mindset and track record of owning, managing and optimizing KPI’s
- Demonstrated leadership of direct and/or indirect teams.
- Ability to work independently with “make it happen” attitude; able to successfully operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity; self-starter and quick learner; calm and efficient under pressure
- Be versatile and be able to prioritize/handle multiple initiatives in a fast paced environment with tough deadlines; experience with Agile, Lean or other iterative development processes
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented; proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs