Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Product Operations team is responsible for product pipeline adherence, developing strategic initiatives to foster growth, and providing solutions for any potential roadblocks. The Assistant is responsible for supporting the systematic execution of seasonal assortment processes to support growth and expansion.
What you'll do
- Seasonal assortment set up in system at style, color level
- Manage seasonal attributes in system and offline
- Link BOMs and update placeholder costing
- Maintain seasonless mapped records and communicate updates to internal and external cross-functional team
- Scrub for updates and ensure accuracy in the system
- Work through large datasets comparing/contrasting information
- Manage multiple data sources, identify gaps in the data capture process and make suggestions on improvements/enhancements for data hygiene
Who you are
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
Previous experience or classwork in retail or wholesale with a knowledge of retail hierarchies/assortment architecture preferred
Retail system experience (PLM, JDA, Tradestone, etc) preferred
Strong Microsoft Office skills are a must (particularly in Excel where pivot tables and v-lookups will be used extensively)
Candidates must have a positive attitude when working with others
Strong communication skills
Attention to detail
On time, reliable
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs