About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Sr. Editorial Manger is responsible for providing copy and creative insight across all company vehicles specifically social media and brand marketing. Working independently and in collaboration with other copywriters, social media strategists, marketing strategists, designers and art directors, the Sr. Editorial Manager will develop copy and creative for projects with the help of the Editorial Director to define the continued evolution of the Banana Republic brand and voice.
What you'll do
- Responsible for copy and messaging across all social channels
- Work closely with the social team to ensure our channels are best in class and on-brand
- Manage editorial elements of projects throughout the entire production cycle; attend all kick-offs and creative reviews and collaborate with Marketing, Production, Design and Merchant teams to ensure timely and appropriate finished pieces.
- Participate in the creation of concepts that lead to the execution of work, and manage day-to-day progress and activities of assigned projects.
- Ensure all copy communicates consistent voice and style throughout all company touch points.
- Proofread beta links and test messages for all projects.
- Work independently to anticipate problems before they arise; find solutions and follow-up on own initiative.
- Top edit and proofread copy when necessary.
- Must be responsible for delivering copy on time and with consistently high quality.
- Help to maintain the editorial style guide and voice guide.
- To create and execute a broad creative copy vision and write in an editorial voice.
Who you are
- 8+ years copywriting or editorial experience.
- A preferred.
- Proven ability writing and editing brand copy or similar retail marketing vehicle.
- Excellent editing skills with on-the-job proofreading experience.
- Articulate thinker with an ability to take creative direction, react quickly, and interact productively during brainstorming sessions and kick-off meetings.
- First-rate organizational skills.
- Highly motivated.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs