We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
The Growth Businesses unit within Athleta is a critical part of driving our brand forward and is focused on growing the business through new channels, new markets, and new categories. Reporting into the Head of Inclusive Sizing with dotted-line reporting into the Sr Director Brand Marketing & Commercial Planning, the Sr Manager Brand Marketing & Commercial Planning for Plus is a critical member of this team. S/he will help lead the Plus omni-channel seasonal marketing strategy, planning and implementation, ensuring that Plus is well represented and powerfully brought to life across all major brand touchpoint with the goal of driving awareness, acquisition and customer retention. S/he also supports the execution of the Plus annual and seasonal commercial plan.
What you'll do
- Lead the Plus omni-channel seasonal marketing strategy, planning and implementation, ensuring that Plus product ideas are powerfully brought to life across all major brand touchpoints, and partner with digital media, community, and PR/partnerships to develop high impact media plan in support of campaign
- Develop and manage Plus marketing budget in conjunction with key business partners (e.g., Head of CRM, vehicle owners)
- Responsible for the development and execution of the Plus seasonal product marketing and messaging strategy in partnership with IM and Merchandising. Develop seasonal campaign briefs; partner with creative team to develop seasonal marketing creative for Plus.
- Develop and lead all Plus seasonal product marketing and messaging development to ensure product marketing and vehicle strategies deliver business impact. Present seasonal marketing strategies and plans to leadership team to garner buy in and obtain approvals
- Partner with cross-functional team members to continuously test, measure the effectiveness (ROI) of and optimize Plus campaign initiatives and optimize Plus marketing / campaign strategies and programs based on effectiveness results, and partner with customer insights to inform Plus seasonal marketing strategies. Lead Plus seasonal omni-channel hindsighting and competitive analyses to inform seasonal marketing strategies
- Act as Plus senior marketing brand representative at all relevant Athleta pipeline milestone meetings, and serve a liaison with broader marketing organization to ensure best practices / learnings are adopted
Who you are
6+ years annual and seasonal brand marketing strategy and planning experience with fashion/apparel, consumer brand and/or marketing agency and proven track record of driving strong business results. Experience with and passion for creative development and effectively briefing in and working with creative teams, and knowledge of the Sports/Fitness/Outdoor industry, athletic experience or interest is a plus
Omni-channel brand marketing experience with a strong understanding of retail, catalog, and digital marketing and the ability to translate product, trend and merchandising information/strategies into marketable product messages and desire to build a brand and aptitude for original, creative ideas; open-minded to new approaches
Strong leadership and collaboration skills and ability to form effective partnerships across cross-functional teams - creative, account, agency and product teams (design, merchandising, inventory management). High comfort level with and ability to powerfully present / garner buy in from senior leadership team members
Extremely flexible, detail-oriented, organized and self-motivated with leadership skills, able to manage competing priorities and shift focus as determined by changing needs of the business
Strong verbal, written communications and presentation skills. Established project management skills, including demonstrated track record in managing complex projects and comfortable with operating in a fast-paced environment and dealing with ambiguity. Excellent promotional/traffic-driving ideation/concepting skills, critical thinking skills, and extensive experience with quantitative analysis
Proficient in Macintosh Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet programs
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs