For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
Seeking an energetic wordsmith with defined storytelling muscles, a limber vocabulary, and a heart for working at a mission-driven company. We work (and play) in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and we’re looking for a talented and passionate writer to join our team. Yes, it would be great if you have experience writing product copy for appareletail, but it’s not a deal-breaker because good writers can write about anything. And sometimes a totally different perspective is just what we need.
What you'll do
Join our team and own a portion of seasonal product storytelling across vehicles
Paid media, social and promotional copy
Contributing to regular brainstorms on seasonal concepts
Participate in product naming
Ad hoc projects, including but not limited to retail and community initiatives
Liaising with product merchants and brand marketing to ensure all copy is efficient and accurate.
Who you are
- 3-5 years’ experience in copywriting, advertising, marketing, or related field
- BA in English, journalism, communications, or related field and/or an amazing portfolio—your writing skills are more important than how you got them
- Serious social media chops
- All the best words
- Ability to tell a compelling story in as few as 20 words or as many as 200
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines (accomplished plate spinners, please apply)
- Humility to ask for help when needed
- Keen to collaborate
- Thick skin—because your copy may get revised several times before it’s final
- Sense of humor—because it’s what keeps us all sane in the thick of it
- A whole person with a full life outside of work
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs